For the academic year 2023–2024, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is presently accepting applications for its international master’s programmes. Prior to 2023, any overseas students of any nationality could enrol in these degrees completely free of tuition. However, some students will still be able to enrol in Norway for free in 2023.
Every programme lasts for two years and is taught in English. International students can benefit from NTNU’s lack of tuition fees by applying to study for a two-year master’s degree for free.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): NTNU, Norway
- Host Institution(s): NTNU, Norway
- Scholarship Worth: Full tuition waiver
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: International students
Tuition-Free Masters Study at NTNU 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
The following students are exempt from paying NTNU tuition fees.
- Citizens of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland.
- Exchange students from NTNU’s partner universities.
- Students who were admitted to their study program before 2023.
- Admission to the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Programme.
- Students who participated in collaborative projects like NORPART, STAR, etc. and received full degree scholarships from the Norwegian Directorate for Higher Education and Skills (HK-dir).
- Students who have a permanent residence permit in Norway or who qualify for one of the exemptions stated under residence permits.
In addition, students must fulfil the requirements listed below to be eligible for a tuition waiver.
- A first degree (a bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field with a grade point average of at least C on the ECTS scale or equivalent
- Meet the programme specific requirements of your chosen programme
- Be proficient in English language with proof of proficiency
- Excellent academic performance is a key selection criterion due to the high level of competition for admission.
How To Apply
Candidates must choose from a list of eligible masters programmes in order to apply and get a scholarship to attend NTNU tuition-free. The institution’s official website has clear instructions and links for applying.
Application Deadline: Varies