The British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships 2023 in UK are a £10,000 scholarship for early career researchers from underdeveloped nations to conduct cross-disciplinary research on the climate emergency.
The British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships 2023 are now accepting applications. The deadline is November 1, 2023. This initiative, led by SGSAH and funded by the British Council, aims to facilitate worldwide collaborative research projects for Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers, Scottish Higher Education Institutions, academic mentors in Scotland, and external organizations.
Promoting the significance of environmental arts and humanities as well as the greater arts and culture field in tackling the urgent climate challenge is the program’s main objective. It highlights their potential for transdisciplinary study in the framework of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics).
This programme will support worldwide mobility and research, which will foster the creation of innovative solutions to the global issues the climate catastrophe has caused. The programme also intends to encourage continuous study and cross-cultural exchanges in and outside of the humanities, arts, and cultural disciplines.
British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: UK
- Sponsored by: British Council Scotland/SGSAH
- Study level: Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers
- Application Deadline: 01 Nov 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships 2023
- Open to Ph.D. and early career researchers (ECRs), who are enrolled in or have graduated from any non-UK institution who are working on environmental arts and humanities projects, to visit Scotland in 2024 to collaborate with an academic mentor and utilize the networks and resources of a host HEI.
- Candidates in all categories must be enrolled in, or have already finished, a Ph.D. programme in a field commonly regarded as belonging to the arts and humanities. More details on these subjects are available from the AHRC. Research projects must include cover subjects in the humanities and arts.
Humanities Higher Education Institutions
- Abertay University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- The Glasgow School of Art
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Queen Margaret University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the Highlands & Islands
- University of the West of Scotland
Required Documents for the British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships 2023
- A complete study proposal, along with information on how participating in the Cluster’s cohort-building, training, and development initiatives can benefit you.
- A budget and justification of resources
- A CV (up to 4pp)
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp)
- A letter of support from the proposed Host Institution
Application Deadline for British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships 2023
The deadline for Applying is 1st Nov 2023.
How to Apply British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships 2023?
- UK Scholarships, There is an online application form for the 2023 British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships.
- Fill out a form online, then email or upload the required files.
- For further details about the British Council Scotland Earth Scholarships and the application procedure, kindly click the “Official Website.