The ESO Science Communication Internship 2024 in Germany is currently accepting applications. Three to six months is the length of the ESO internship. Applications for the ESO internship are welcome from candidates worldwide.
The ESO Education and Public Outreach Department (ePOD) oversees the organization’s outreach programmes. Press releases and broadcast material for the media are among the many programs and activities that are utilized to satisfy the particular needs of print, broadcast, and television media. ePOD offers a multi-media strategy for public outreach and produces high-quality printed goods such as books, brochures, annual reports, newsletters, posters, and many more.
The European Southern Observatory (ESO) was formerly known as the European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere. It is an intergovernmental research organisation for ground-based astronomy that comprises sixteen states. Since its founding in 1962, ESO has provided astronomers with access to state-of-the-art research facilities as well as the southern sky.
- Country: Germany
- Host Institution\ Organization: ESO
- Internship coverage: Fully funded
- Internship Duration: 3 to 6 months.
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the ESO Internship:
- Applicants are welcome to apply from any country in the world.
- English is the language is required. You must be able to write and speak English with ease.
- Must communicate clearly, concisely, and on time both in writing and verbally.
- Those interested in gaining experience in frontline astronomy science communication are sought after by ESO.
- Applicants should have some past experience writing in English regarding science communication, especially in astronomy or other physical science writing for a wide audience.
- It is necessary to understand astronomy in order to comprehend scientific articles.
- Required to build constructive working relationships with people of different backgrounds and specialties.
- You have to deliver within the allotted time frame and respect predefined guidelines and deadlines.
- Possess the capacity to work both alone and collaboratively.
- Strong Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required. It is encouraged that candidates are enrolled in graduate programs in science, science communication, or science journalism, or have recently graduated from one of these programs.
Benefits of the ESO Science Communication Internship 2024:
- You will receive a monthly allowance to help with living expenses.
- Costs of getting to and from your home station.
- Resume or CV
- Letter of Recommendation.
How to Apply for the ESO Science Communication Internship 2024?
- To apply online visit here.
- Should complete your internship application in English.
- Visit the official website listed below for more information and to apply for the Science Communication Internship at ESO.