How to Get a Study Visa for Canada: Canadian student visa procedures are essential for studying in Canada, but there are many misconceptions online about the process. This site provides information on the application form, requirements, and thousands of international scholarships available for Canadian institutions and colleges.
In recent years, Canada has become an increasingly popular destination for international students. It is a dream education destination for thousands of students and immigrants. A Canadian student visa, however, is one of several hurdles students must clear before travelling.
You can start your visa application after you have received your acceptance Proof of Funds letter from your chosen university (Congratulations!). Pay the deposit to block your seat, and move on to the next important step, applying for a student visa.
Universities in Canada
Canadian universities attract international students from over 130 countries, seeking scholarships and study privileges. The country’s generous scholarship system attracts diverse students, enabling them to pursue education and launch successful careers, despite concerns about safety in Canada.
Canada Scholarships are offered in the hundreds for international students at the best private and public colleges in Canada.
About the Canadian Student Visa Process:
Why should you pursue your studies in Canada? The country’s vibrant culture and exceptional educational system inspire hope for the future. International collaboration, scientific publications, and research are given top priority by Canadian academic institutions. In order to study wherever you choose, how will you obtain a student visa? Consultations for Canadian visas are not essential.
Canada Student Visa allows up to 20 hours per week, alleviating financial stress without separate work visa application. However, exceeding 20 hours will void visa requirements.
If a student is considering a postsecondary education in Canada, these are some of the questions they should be prepared to answer. Given this information, studying in Canada on a student visa is a great idea. Why don’t we both figure it out?
How to Get a Study Visa for Canada
1. Make sure you have all requirements for a student visa for Canada before submitting an application.
Use the official study permit tool provided by the government to find out if you need a visa for study or permit in order to study in Canada. Should you fit any of the following requirements, you can enter Canada without a study visa.
- Your program to study in Canada lasts less than six months.
- You have an Indian status registered in Canada although you are a citizen of another country.
- You are a family member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is well-recognised by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development Canada.
Canadian visa requirements differ from other countries, requiring a valid visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for entry or exit.
2. Apply to Canadian universities, then wait for an acceptance letter.
Before submitting an application for a student visa, decide which Canadian school you want to attend. You will receive an acceptance letter from a Canadian university, which you need to attach to your application for a student visa to Canada. The processing of an application for a Canadian student visa is contingent upon the fulfilment of all requirements.
We would like to recommend the following Canadian schools:
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- McGill University
- Brock University
- Seneca College
- University of Regina
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Mount Allison University
3. Start the Canadian Student Visa Application Process
Canada’s student visa acceptance rate is 68% for 2021, with nearly 1.6 million first-time applicants applying and over 1 million granted permits. In 2022, the approval rate is expected to be 60-70%, similar to 2021, with a high likelihood of obtaining a study visa.
The first step in applying for a student visa to study in Canada is to research and apply to appropriate educational institutions in Canada. When you’ve been accepted to a school in Canada, the next step is to apply for a student visa Canada, also called a study permit in Canada.
Take the following steps:
- Before visiting the country, apply online for your Canadian student visa with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
- You can send the necessary documents if you are applying for a Canadian visa but are unable to submit it online due to an insufficient internet connection.
- A letter of acceptance from a university recognised by the Canadian government must be submitted by the student.
- Establish that you will have sufficient funds to meet your living and educational costs in Canada for the duration of your student visa.
- You must not be a convicted criminal.
- Please provide a detailed medical history confirming your good health. To enroll in a healthcare plan in Canada, you’ll need a valid student visa.
New Canadian visa regulations allow for quick study permit approval within two weeks for family members working or seeking work licenses in Canada, and for extension or renewal.
- Your study program has extended
- You shift to another university
- Additionally, you would like to attend a Canadian university.
The study permit expires 90 days after program completion, allowing for work visa application or exploring Canada’s stunning scenery, and allowing full- or part-time employment or business start-up.
4. Prepare All Documents Required for a Student Visa to Canada
- You must read the Canada student visa checklist before you begin.
- First, complete the application for a student visa.
- Acceptance letter from a Canadian university that has received government recognition.
- If you reside in the United States, you need not need a valid passport with two blank pages at least.
- Two passport-size photographs (s), with name and date of birth mentioned on the back.
- Proof of enough financial means to support your education which becomes 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year.
- A letter of resolution.
- To attend university in Quebec, applicants require a Certificate Acceptance du Québec, translations into English and French, a translator’s statement, and a certified copy of the original document.
- The next step is to pay the Canadian visa fee, which is $150 Canadian dollars.
5. Canada’s language requirements for student visa applications
The IELTS criteria for a student visa to Canada do not require proof of English proficiency unless from a non-English speaking nation, but Canadian institutions may require it if not speaking English as your first language.
The following are examples of valid language tests:
- IELTS Academic
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
6. Schedule for Biometric Assessments and Interviews
Students from Different countries may need to visit a Visa Application Centre for biometric verification, with the cost of a student visa to Canada being approximately $85 CAD, on top of the standard application fee.
Interviews for Canadian student visas are discretionary and may be requested for any number of reasons.
7. The process of obtaining a study permit in Canada is a complex and time-consuming process.
The Canadian student visa process can take up to 90 days, with a shorter wait time and a faster application through the Student Direct Stream, available to students from eligible countries.
Students from the following countries are eligible to use the SDS:
- The Philippines
This comprehensive guide provides detailed information on obtaining a student visa for Canada, allowing you to prepare for your studies there.