University of Twente Scholarship for International Students 2024 in the Netherlands: The Dutch city of Enschede is headquarters to the University of Twente, a public technical university. The university is among the top 170 universities in the world according to numerous central ranking tables. The best national university ranking, Keuzegids Universiteiten, also rated UT the best technical university in The Netherlands. The UT collaborates with Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, and the Wageningen University and Research Centre under the aegis of 4TU. Additionally, it belongs to the ECIU (European Consortium of Innovative Universities).
Twente Scholarship 2024 Details:
3,000 to 22,000 euros per year (about 50 scholarships are available). If you have applied for a two-year program, please read the information about two-year study programm below.
Check out the anticipated breakdown of living costs (minus tuition) for University of Twente students.
Please be aware that this award is only meant to help with study-related costs. The scholarship winner has complete discretion over how to spend the money. No costs (such as tuition) will be covered on your behalf.
About University of Twente Scholarship in the Netherlands
Excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries who enroll in the University of Twente’s graduate program (MSc) are eligible for the University Twente Scholarship (UTS). The students receive financing ranging from €3,000 to €22,000 over the course of a year.
Summary of the University of Twente Scholarship 2024
- Location: Netherlands
- University: Twente
- Benefits: Partially funded
- Study level: Masters
- Deadline: 1 February 2024 and 1 May 2024
Students may be eligible for an additional UTS in an amount equal to that of the first year to cover the costs of the second year of a two-year study programme. However, the scholarship will only continue after the first year if the applicants meet UTS’s requirements.
You should to have obtained:
- An average final third quartile grade for the first year of 7 (out of 10)
- At the conclusion of the first year’s third quarter, at least 50% of European Credits were outstanding.
Only program starting in September 2024 are eligible for the following additional scholarship for UTS students:
The Kipaji Award
You must apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship. If you meet the requirements for and are interested in the Kipaji scholarship, we advise you to include it in the application motivation. Additional requirements apply to this scholarship.
- Applied Physics
- Applied Mathematics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management & Engineering
- Educational Science & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental & Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
Requirements for University of Twente Scholarship 2024:
The procedure for registering for classes at the University of Twente is different from the one for applying for a UT scholarship. You must first obtain a letter of academic acceptance, regardless of funding.
- To start in the fall of the 2024–2025 academic year, you have been accepted (provisionally) to one of the eligible UT Master program. Please be advised that after completing your application, it could take up to 8 weeks before you hear anything.
- Your student number is a must.
- You are in conformity with the requirements to obtain a visa to enter the Netherlands (if applicable), even though you have not finished a UT (under)graduate program.
- You are qualified to take the general English language test. IELTS Academic 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) with a speaking skills bonus of 6.0 (TOEFL iBT of 20). subscore
- You are not qualified for a Dutch study loan; instead, you can apply for the University Twente Scholarship. This typically means you are in the top 5 to 10% of your class.
The deadline to submit an application for this Master’s Scholarship is February 1, 2024.
How to apply for University of Twente Scholarship 2024:
Applicant must first apply to a Master’s program. You may use your student ID to apply for the scholarship after submitting an application for a Master’s program and receiving a letter of (conditional) admission. UTS cannot be used by Dutch or current UT students. The UTS does not admit students from the EU or EEA. For master’s degree program in the faculty of geoscience and earth science
Observation (ITC), the UTS is not offered. The pre-Masters program does not provide access to the UTS.